Yes, me. I’m under construction…just like this blog!!
(That’s me and The Captain)
The Captain loves, loves, loves sailing and sailboats, especially wooden ones! But he’s a self sacrificing servant and hasn’t taken the opportunity to persue this love in many, many years…twenty, to be exact, when the first of our five offspring arrived. But he is still my Captain! He’s my leader and he leads by serving…me and our five kids. He gives and gives of himself; and then he gives some more. He’s the closest thing to perfect there is. It can be annoying, but I love him anyway. Isn’t that big of me? He is perfect for this Lazy Dazy!
“Procrastina-a-tion…is makin’ me wait.” If you do not remember that Heinz catsup commercial (“it’s slow good”), you are too young to know anything. Not really. But you are probably younger than me. Well, anyway, I am a reforming procrastinator! I AM reforming… first thing Monday morning.
I am very slowly learning the world of blogging and I’m computer savvy, not at all. This is a huge challenge for me. Trial and error is how I’m learning, which is why blogging is so symbolic of me and my life. There are lots of glitches and things I haven’t completely figured out and it is, at times, very obvious. In my life and in my blog I am on the road to wisdom…ever so long as it may be.
My heart belongs to Jesus— I’m not religious. I just long to be devoted to Him… a constant challenge.
As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee. Psalm 42:1
The tall boy from the high school cafeteria (a.k.a. The Captain) and I just celebrated 23 years married!
We dearly love our offspring.
Five of my favorite people call me Mom, Momma, Mommy, Mother, Mum…depending on the moment. They range in age from 6-20yrs.
We homeschool— We are the overseers of education and primary educators of our offspring. It’s a commitment we’ve made. It works for us and we are beginning to see the fruits of our labor…most days. And we have no one but ourselves to blame if we “ruin ’em”.
I’m proud to be a Texas girl! I dream of living in a cottage by the sea, but when it comes down to it, I can’t leave this great state. Maybe one day I will have both!
What floats my boat:
- taking photos…
I’ve no real camera (I intend to remedy this someday)Got a Nikon D3000 for my bday (Whoot!)
- the idea of cooking…I do love to cook, but I seem to be less enthused when it’s time to make dinner every day…oh but I do have lots of ideas and good intentions
livingdreaming… all things coastal
- travel…I read about it more than I do it; still love it
- Home Sweet Home… it’s my favorite place to be
- gardens…don’t have one yet
- books and reading…I’m no speed reader, so I can’t breeze through as many books as I’d like, but I enjoy the process
- basketball…four of my five offspring play, what choice do I have? Oh but I do love it!
- organizing and planning (a little challenged at implementing the plan)
- Texas ;0)
- The Captain…he cooks for me 😉
- cruising around on my pink bicycle
- decorating my home…this is always a work in progress and sometimes goes through long periods of neglect, but I do enjoy it, none the less
- getting a glimpse into the lives of other women through the eyes of their blogs
- studying God’s Word! It’s living and I learn something new everytime I’m in it.
There ya have it. Welcome.